Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Wall Art

So considering the amount of craft blogs I read, I figured it was time for me to post a craft we recently did. Actually, I thought that I could do it all by myself and surprise Frank, but in the end all I did was cut the fabric and he did the rest..

We used:

1 yrd of fabric
1 pack of 30 thumb tacks
2 large wooden frames (purchased at walmart with no back or glass
2 small wooden frames

Now this particular piece of fabric, I had held on to what seems like years. I absolutely loved it, and no project was good enough for this piece. I literally wanted to frame it, and then I came up with something much better...

So all you do is wrap the fabric around the frame, and hammer the tacks in place (that's what I needed Frank to do).

In the end I have a beautiful new wall mural in our room:
It didn't take but 20 minutes to create- and I got to frame my favorite fabric :)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment