Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nursery decorations

So originally I had planned to cover wood frames in fabric to decorate our babies room. We had done this project before in Oklahoma, and it was a really cute, simple, decoration! I picked out this really cute pink toile for our little girl (can you tell I like toile?) and planned to use pushpins (with the help of a hammer) and cheapo walmart wood frames (the ones without the glass) as we had done before!

But then, at 31 weeks, we got the news that we actually are having a boy! So back to square one with our decorating, planning, and organizing! What I ended up doing was digging up some old frames (these had been in out attic) and I figured the cream color would look nice in room! I contemplated adding pictures of family, but we have photos placed around the room already so I wanted something more along the lines of art, yet without having a budget for it! What I ended up doing was using cards that had been given to me (just the front, of course I save the back) and making it into decorations! This was surprisingly easy, until I ran out of cards that matched the colors... so I opted to use the top of a cute gift bag that had been given to me! I'm so excited to welcome our little one into his nursery and it's so special that he will be surrounded by decorations (and items) given to him by his friends and family!


No comments:

Post a Comment