Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So, over these last few weeks I've been going on prayer drives around Sandy Hook. They've been an interesting time. I drive and pray and God tells me where to turn... I've ended up in places I'd never been, and some very familiar ones as well. One day, I ended up behind a school bus, which was great because I could follow it and pray for each of the kids as they got off. But some days I'd just drive around and pray in the spirit, taking a left here and a right there. Often times, I'd get home and just think, "ok... I know I did what I was supposed to, but what did I do?".

Yesterday, after my drive, I decided to look up the address for one of the families that lost their daughter in the shooting. They are constantly on my heart, so I wanted to make sure that I drove by and prayed for them and their neighborhood. But, it turns out God was a few steps ahead of me (who knew :). God had been sending me by them on almost all of my prayer drives...

This has made me realize that when we're obedient, even when we don't know why, it is for something much bigger. God is so much bigger and more involved than we can ever really comprehend! I'm always looking for answers and reasons, when most of the time what God is doing is probably beyond my human comprehension. But, it's always for good... I feel like there's a "trembling" going on in Sandy Hook these days, like the type that comes before a volcanoes eruption (it's a good eruption)... and we're just beginning to see the first signs...

And, by the way, I'm done looking up addresses, I can say with confidence that God knows a little better than me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment