Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dreams and the end of days

I had a dream a few weeks ago that has really stuck with me (Warning: this is a long post...):

The dream started as Frank and I stood together. In front of us was a hill with a bunch (8-12) children standing on it. They all we're very close in size so I assumed they were close in age. I couldn't believe that parents would have so many children so close together and Frank said, "Isn’t that what you've always wanted?" (yes that's true)

So the next scene of the dream I'm inside the finished basement of a house and I find out that these children I saw are my own (I was a bit taken back by this revelation). The basement was sparse, with a stair way leading up to the rest of the house, but I knew we weren't allowed up stairs. The apartment had beautiful double doors that over looked a picturesque orchard that the children could play freely in. I watched them outside, and realized that even though we weren't allowed to "go upstairs" and it felt as though we were slaves- I was happy that my children got to live carefree lives and play in the orchard.

In the next scene everyone was sitting around a long dinner table, and I realize that it's my task to feed them all. I've never cooked for so many, so I really wasn't sure what to do or if I could do it. I ended up making spaghetti with meat sauce and sat down to eat next to Frank at the head of the table. Everyone seemed to enjoy dinner, and about half way through I looked at Frank and said, "Do you think we can give it to them?"
He said, "I guess we can try." It was strange because during my dream, I didn't know what we were giving to them but I felt compelled to try.

Frank then picked up a paper bag filled with water bottles and started to hand them out.
Within minutes a SWAT team of 5-6 big men all dressed in black, complete with bullet proof vests, swarmed our basement home. At first, I was filled with fear. They walked around a bit, then huddled together and discussed something, and then they left without doing a thing.

So we let our kids keep drinking the water bottles. Frank went off and was playing a game with some of them, while others returned to their games outside. Before long, another swat team of much smaller men swarmed our basement. I tried to warn everyone outside to hide their water bottles, but they didn't seem to hear me. So these little men walked around and threw out everyone's water bottles.

The dream ended, as I stood in the kitchen feeling upset that the children couldn't have the water, yet relieved that nothing bad happened to anyone.

I believe that God speaks to us in dreams, we just have to choose to listen. Now, just because God may want to speak through a dream DOES NOT mean every single part of it will come true. But in this dream, I do believe that parts of it will come to pass.


Jesus, when talking to a Samaritan woman at the well said, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life” (John 4:13-14). I believe that this dream foretells of a time when we won't be able to give and share this water of eternal life. It may be in 20 years, or 200, but I believe we are facing a time of great persecution, unlike any time seen before. (For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. Matthew 24:21)

I believe this dream also tells us that we need to be ready. In this dream, I don't think going to the store to get water bottles would have been an option, but thankfully we had them ready. To me, this means writing God's word on your heart because we might not always have a Bible handy, or be able to have a Bible.
("My sons keep my words and treasure my commands within you. Keep my commands and live. And my law as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart Proverbs 7:1-3)

Lastly, I feel that the SWAT team stormed our home ready for anything but they encountered something they couldn't come against. The children had already drunk the water, so the SWAT team had no possible way to take it away from them. The only option was to send in a clean-up crew to throw away the rest. This is significant because what we learn and what we write on our hearts cannot be taken away. We can fill up our minds with celebrity gossip, or we can allow the word of God to fill us. But whatever we allow inside, stays there, and can't be taken away.


As for the end of the world...

In Matthew 24, Jesus says, "“Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains. "

If these are the times scripture talks about, then it's only the beginning of the end..

In verse 12, He goes on to say that "the love of most will grow cold..." That is what we need to be looking for and protecting ourselves against.

Jesus goes on to say, "but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved..."

So stand firm my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment